If you recently rented a small one bedroom or studio apartment you might find yourself struggling with managing space. Make every inch count with these five simple space saving tips that are sure to make your home feel more grand!
1. Dual Purpose Furniture: Invest in furniture that serves several needs. Tables with drop leaves or furniture that folds up are perfect for small apartment living. Use furniture that hides clutter and doubles as storage. Also try not to push furniture to close to walls. Leaving space behind your sofa will make your space look larger than it actually is.
2. Use Area Rugs: Rugs are great room dividers. Use them to separate one big room, like a studio, into several rooms. A rug makes all the difference in the room!
3. Get A Good Storage System: Storage is king in small spaces! When you are in a small space you notice and see everything. Tuck cords away and hide the paper clutter! If you are organized your space will look a lot larger.
4. Look Up High: Hang curtains up high to give the illusion of a larger space. Better yet allow windows to remain uncovered and let the natural light shine in. Either way drawing attention towards the ceiling will make your space seem larger than it really is.
5. Mirrors Everywhere: Place mirrors in every room and your space will automatically open up. Mirrors reflect natural light and therefore open up a room, without having to break down any walls.
Our licensed apartment locators work daily with renters who are looking for a bigger apartment because they are ready to upgrade from the smaller space.If you are looking to save money in your apartment rental then contact our licensed apartment locators and let them help you find you the perfect size apartment for your budget.