Home ownership is not for everyone. We all grow up with the dream of owning our own home, but buying is NOT always better than renting. It is a huge commitment and often a rent versus buy struggle. Unsure which option is best for you? While you make your choice, it is important that you familiarize yourself with the advantages to renting your next apartment home!
Advantages to Renting
- Renting can cost you less money than buying a home in the long run.This will leave you with more flexibility to invest your money in other areas such as your long-term savings plan.
- Limited Responsibility! You are not responsible for some of the big financial repairs such as roof or cooling/heating system. A landlord traditionally pays the taxes, repairs, and sometimes part of the utilities in your apartment rental.
- Renters have flexibility to move as they please and with ease. If you like living in the newest hip spot or need flexibility of relocation due to work, then renting will best suite your needs. It can be a challenging, lengthy, and costly process to sell your home quickly making renting a great option.
- Down Payment versus Security Deposit. If you are going to buy versus rent then you must be ready to financially secure your home. Remember the down payment on a home is going to be substantially larger than a security deposit on an apartment rental.
- No Landlord! If a pipe busts or the air conditioner breaks you must be financially prepared for the repair costs. There are numerous expenses that come with purchasing a home such as property taxes, homeowners insurance, and land care services.
In some situations it is actually much more advantageous to rent versus buying a new home. If you have decided to rent while you prepare to buy or have just decided that renting is what makes you happy, San Antonio Apartments Now is here to help you with your rental search process. We will help you make sure your next move is a smart move!