This is the tenth in a series of articles titled ‘Minimum Commute, Maximum Lifestyle’ and will be focused on Valero Energy Corporation(NYSE:VLO) . This series focuses on area employers and rental options located nearby so employees can reduce their commutes to work.
San Antonio is number 20 on Forbes' annual top 20 fastest-growing American cities with 1.83 percent population growth for 2013 and that translates into increased traffic, which is the number one complaint we hear. The majority of the renters we see are hoping to find an apartment that fits their lifestyle and allows for a reasonable commute to their place of work. With that in mind, we wanted to give some insight into San Antonio's largest employers and the rental options that surround them.
Valero Energy Corporation has its headquarters in San Antonio and and manufactures and markets transportation fuels, other petrochemical products and power. Created in 1980 as a spinoff of Coastal States Gas Corporation, The New York Times reports that Valero saw a 28 percent decrease in their net income for the first quarter of 2014 due to a harsh winter that decreased demand for gasoline.
Valero workers have many lunch options nearby, including Applebee’s, a chain restaurant serving American fare that is adjacent to One Valero Way. The Cheesecake Factory is also nearby and is known for their home-cooked style favorites in large portions.
For after work drinks with coworkers, The Yardhouse has half-priced appetizers and pizzas, slider specials, and specials on cocktails, beer and wine for happy hour Monday through Friday from 3pm to 6pm. Kona Grill has happy hour Monday through Friday from 3pm to 7pm and has half-price sushi rolls and other appetizers, and specials on Margaritas, sake', beer, and wine.
Avoid the commute and live in one of the beautiful, amenity-filled apartments close to Valero.
- Broadstone Ranch Apartments were built in 2005, and are just three minutes from Valero by car. Apartments range from 1-3 bedrooms and 568 to 1,301 square feet. Apartments have spacious living areas, plush carpeting, private balconies, nine foot ceilings and washer/dryer connections. This gated community has video access for guest entry, free poolside and clubhouse wifi, a computer lab, and a fitness center.
- The San Miguel Apartments are five minutes from Valero and were built in 2004. Apartments range from 1-3 bedrooms and 645 to 1,429 square feet and feature oval garden tubs, upgraded designer black appliances, large terraces, nine foot ceilings with crown molding, and full-size washer and dryer connections. The community has a car care center, conference room, fitness studio, pool cabana with wireless internet, pet park and BBQ area.
- Avana at the Rim Apartments are six minutes away and feature 1-3 bedroom apartments ranging in size from 678 to 1,292 square feet. Built in 2009, this gated community features an outdoor gourmet kitchen, an on-site tanning center, a children's play park, a sand volleyball court, valet trash pickup and a resort inspired pool with a cabana and heated spa. Apartments have full-size washer and dryers, garden tubs, granite countertops, walk-in closets, ceiling fans, wood plank flooring, and private balconies or sunrooms.
- Mira Vista Apartments are a 4 minute drive from Valero and were built in 1998. Floorplans range from 1-2 bedrooms and 650 to 960 square feet and feature faux wood floors, large floor plans, washer/dryer connections, and are cable ready. This gated community has a dog park, playground, is close to bus routes and has 24-hour emergency maintenance.
- The Palomino Apartments, built in 2009, are six minutes away and have 1-2 bedroom apartments ranging from 637 to 1,277 square feet. Units have private patios, stain resistant carpet, over-sized garden tubs, ceiling fans, private patios, 9 foot ceilings, and double-paned windows. The community has a resident entertainment room with a kitchen, billiards table, and multiple flat-screen televisions, an internet cafe with coffee bar, outdoor cabana kitchens, and covered and detached garage parking.
- West Oaks Apartments are seven minutes from Valero and have one and two bedroom apartments ranging from 504 to 1,174 square feet. Apartments feature granite counters, wood-style flooring, include washers and dryers, 2 inch faux wood blinds, patio/balcony storage, ceramic tile backsplashes, and nine foot ceilings with crown molding. Built in 2012, this gated community has a lounging pool with wifi, 24 hour fitness center, detached garage and covered parking, an enclosed dog park with a doggy pool, picnic areas, and fire pits.
These are just a few of the rental options for Valero employees. Our database features the most accurate and up-to-date pricing and availability for thousands of apartments across the city. Finding the perfect balance of minimal commute and maximum lifestyle for your budget can be challenging. As apartment locators, it is our job to provide you valuable insight into each of your rental options so you choose the best apartment the first time. Our service is free to our clients and can save you valuable days looking for a rental. Call 210-558-7377 today to schedule your appointment or visit www.sanantonioapartmentsnow.com for more information on our apartment locator services.