San Antonio is number 20 on Forbes' annual top 20 fastest-growing American cities with 1.83 percent population growth for 2013 and that translates into increased traffic, which is the number one complaint we hear. The majority of the renters we see are hoping to find an apartment that fits their lifestyle and allows for a reasonable commute to their place of work. With that in mind, we wanted to give some insight into San Antonio's largest employers and the rental options that surround them. This is the fourteenth in a series called ‘Minimum Commute, Maximum Lifestyle’ and it focuses on Southwest Research Institute.
Southwest Research Institute has its headquarters in San Antonio and has been a nonprofit, independent, applied research and development organization since its founding in 1947. The San Antonio Business Journal reports that Southwest Research Institute has opened a new 11,224 square foot facility at its San Antonio campus to make and test large components for its oil and gas, aerospace, marine and industrial clients.
Southwest Research Institute employs nearly 3,000 workers in a variety of positions including including Research Engineers, (Median Annual Salary $86,265 for a Research and Development Engineer), QA Engineers (Median Salary $55,086 for a QA Engineer I), Research Analysts (Median Salary $43,258 for a R&D Associate I), and more. All Salary information from www.Salary.com for 78238, Southwest Research Institute's zip code.
For lunch with coworkers, there are many nearby options including Lupita’s Mexican Restaurant, which is popular for its Carne Guisada. Bill Miller BBQ is another choice for a quick lunch of brisket and sides like potato salad and pinto beans.
There are also several bars and restaurants close to Southwest Research for after work drinks including Malibu Shack, which has a different happy hour special every day of the week from 5pm to close. 54th Street Bar and Grill is another place where you can get both food and drink after a long day of research.
Forgo a long commute and live in one of the great apartment communities near Southwest Research Institute.
- Parc 410 Apartments are a quick 9 minute drive away and feature 1 and 2 bedroom apartments ranging from 480 to 930 square feet. Apartments feature tile floors, walk-in closets, patios or balconies, and ceiling fans. Built in 1978, this gated community has two swimming pools, tennis and basketball courts, is close to major freeways, and is on the bus line.
- Alta Roxbury Apartments are an easy 7 minute drive from Southwest Research and were built in 2009. 1-3 bedroom apartment homes ranging from 637 to 1,418 are available, featuring plank wood flooring, granite counters, washer and dryers, nine-foot ceilings with crown molding and relaxing garden tubs. The community has a resort style pool, an outdoor cabana with television, an enclosed dog park, a fitness center and attached children's activity area, and a self service car wash.
- Granite at Tuscany Hills is 6 minutes away and features 1 and 2 bedroom apartment homes from 600 to 988 square feet. Built in 1984, this gated community features easy access to public transportation, a clubroom with billiards and lounge, heavily treed grounds, basketball and tennis courts, two pools, and pet stations. Apartments have kitchen pantries, granite-inspired counters, hardwood inspired floorings, double sinks, and more.
- Westover Oaks was built in 2012 and is is five minutes away. Apartments range from 629 to 1,365 square feet and one to three bedrooms. Units feature stainless steel appliances, granite counters, wood-grain flooring, crown molding, and garden tubs. This gated community has a gourmet coffee bar, techno gaming area, bicycle racks with loaner bikes, dog parks and pet care stations.
- Willow Creek Apartments are 6 minutes from Southwest Research and you never even have to get on the freeway. Built in 1997, the complex has a dog park, coffee bar, resident lounge, spa and hot tub, fitness center, outdoor pavillion with barbecue grills and a swimming pool. 1-2 bedroom apartments ranging from 546 to 1,135 square feet feature washer dryer hookups, alarm systems, private patios or balconies, and many are recently remodeled with new cabinetry, stainless or black appliances, wood-style flooring on the first floor and more.
These are just a few of the rental options for Southwest Research Institute employees. Our database features the most accurate and up-to-date pricing and availability for thousands of apartments across the city. Finding the perfect balance of minimal commute and maximum lifestyle for your budget can be challenging. As apartment locators, it is our job to provide you valuable insight into each of your rental options so you choose the best apartment the first time. Our service is free to our clients and can save you valuable days looking for a rental. Call 210-558-7377 today to schedule your appointment or visit www.sanantonioapartmentsnow.com for more information on our apartment locator services.