This is the ninth in a series of articles titled ‘Minimum Commute, Maximum Lifestyle’ and will be focused on National Instruments Corp (NASDAQ:NATI). This series focuses on area employers and rental options located nearby so employees can reduce their commutes to work.
Thousands of people move to Austin or relocate within Austin every year because of job changes. In a city growing by 110 people per day, the complaint we hear most often centers around traffic. The majority of the renters we see are hoping to find an apartment that fits their lifestyle and allows for a reasonable commute to their place of work. With that in mind, we wanted to give some insight into Austin’s largest employers and the rental options that surround them.
National Instruments is headquartered in Austin and produces automated test equipment and virtual instrumentation software. Founded in 1976, the company employs about 7,100 employees worldwide. According to the Austin American Statesman, National Instruments plans to invest $80 million and add 1,000 local jobs over the next 10 years.
National Instruments employs people in a variety of positions at their Austin headquarters, including Sales Training and Development Managers (median annual salary $89,123 for a Sales Training Manager), Accounts Receivable Associates (median salary $71,937 for an Accounts Receivable Manager), Business Analyst Managers (median salary $90,503 for a Business Systems Analyst IV), Compliance Engineers (median salary $89,802 for a Compliance Manager), and more. All salary information from Salary.com for 78759, National Instrument's zip code.
Employees have a lot of lunch choices near National Instruments, including Tacodeli, which is beloved for its unique tacos full of fresh ingredients and Whole Foods, which in addition to being a grocery store, has a large variety of food stands, from sandwiches to tacos and more.
For after work drinks with coworkers, McCormick & Schmick's has an incredible happy hour menu, including $6 cocktails and a cheeseburger and fries for just $3.99. Jasper's has a great happy hour menu Monday through Saturday from 4pm to 7pm featuring $6 pizzas, brisket tacos, sliders and more, and $6 specialty cocktails, plus wine and beer specials.
Live in one of the gorgeous apartment communities near National Instruments and avoid traffic.
- The Estate on Quarry Lake was built in 1995 and is just nine minutes from National Instruments. Apartments range from 1-2 bedrooms and 621 to 1,177 square feet and feature outdoor decks, spacious bedrooms, and gourmet kitchens. This beautiful lakeside community has two sparkling swimming pools, picnic and grilling areas, and a running and bike trail.
- The Riata Apartment Community is 11 minutes from National Instruments and has a variety of apartments to choose from, most built in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. 1 bedroom to 3 bedroom apartments, ranging in size from 656 square feet to 1,554 square feet are available. Apartment amenities include stone or hardwood flooring, granite counters, ceiling fans, and fireplaces available in some units. Community amenities include a staffed athletic club with fitness classes, nine sparkling pools with fire pits, 3 jacuzzis, 3 miles of jogging trails, 2 dog parks, and a pet grooming center.
- Residences at the Domain are a fifteen minute walk or 5 minute car trip away from National Instruments and feature studio to two bedroom apartments ranging in size from 611 to 1721 square feet. Built in 2007, the complex has package receiving, high-speed internet, covered parking, and short term leases are available. Apartments feature garages, private courtyard spaces, garden tubs, and additional storage.
- Villages at the Domain are less than a mile away in the heart of the Domain and were built in 2009. Apartments range from 507 square feet for a one bedroom to 1,618 square feet for a 3 bedroom and feature plank or hardwood flooring in the kitchen, 10-12 foot ceilings, garden tubs, and brushed nickel hardware. The community has onsite FXfit trainers with CrossFit, Yoga, and FX Classes, private luxurious courtyards and fountains, and covered parking.
- The Barrington at Park Place Apartments were built in 1985 and are a 3 minute drive or 16 minute walk from National Instruments. Efficiency to two bedroom apartments ranging in size from 375 to 946 square feet are available. Units feature granite countertops, brand new cabinetry, wood plank flooring, washers and dryers, and patios or balconies. The complex has a heated spa, swimming pool, and is surrounded by a 7 mile hike and bike trail.
These communities are just a few of the rental choices available to National Instruments employees. Our database features the most accurate and up-to-date pricing and availability for thousands of apartments across the city. We know that finding an apartment that allows for a short commute to work, has the amenities you want, and fits into your budget can be difficult. Our job as apartment locators is to provide valuable insight into each of your rental options so you can choose the best apartment the first time. Our services are free for our clients and can save you valuable time when you are searching for a rental. Call 512-258-8224 today to schedule your appointment or visit www.austinapartmentsnow.com to find out more about our apartment locator services.