This is the eighth in a series of articles titled ‘Minimum Commute, Maximum Lifestyle’ and will be focused on Google Inc(NASDAQ:GOOGL). This series focuses on area employers and rental options located nearby so employees can reduce their commutes to work.
Thousands of people move to Austin or relocate within Austin every year because of job changes. In a city growing by 110 people per day, the complaint we hear most often centers around traffic. The majority of the renters we see are hoping to find an apartment that fits their lifestyle and allows for a reasonable commute to their place of work. With that in mind, we wanted to give some insight into Austin’s largest employers and the rental options that surround them.
Google specializes in internet-related services and products and its headquarters are in Palo Alto, California. It was founded in 1996 as a research project by two PhD students at Stanford University that sought to find a new way for search engines to rank results. CNNMoney reports that Google has come up with a new image format that will shrink the size of web photos and graphics down by about 35%, which will in turn make websites load much faster.
Google employs people in a variety positions at their Austin offices, including Regional Sales Managers ($97,660 median annual salary), Field Operations Managers (median salary $78,841 for an Operations Manager), Inside Sales Team Managers (median salary $67,526 for an Inside Sales Manager), Enterprise Large Customer Sales Associates (median salary $54,593 for a Sales Representative I), Enterprise Software Engineers (median salary $58,727 for a Software Engineer I), and more. All Salary figures from salary.com for 78759, Google's zip code.
For employees who want to have lunch near Google’s North Austin offices, there are many choices in the Domain and the Arboretum. Other restaurants include Mimi’s Cafe, which is just across Mopac from Google and has breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a French twist. Mighty Fine Burgers is also nearby, and is a great choice for a quick, casual lunch.
For happy hour drinks with coworkers, North by Northwest Brewery and Restaurant is just a mile away and has happy hour in the bar seven days a week from 4-7pm. Baby Acapulco’s is just next door and serves some of the most famous margaritas in Austin, as well as Tex-Mex. Happy Hour includes $1 off fruit margaritas, $6 Mexican Martinis, and 1/2 off select appetizers.
Live in one of the gorgeous apartment communities near Google and avoid traffic.
- The Estate on Quarry Lake was built in 1995 and is just seven minutes from Google. Apartments range from 1-2 bedrooms and 621 to 1,177 square feet and feature outdoor decks, spacious bedrooms, and gourmet kitchens. This beautiful lakeside community has two sparkling swimming pools, picnic and grilling areas, and a running and bike trail.
- Hardrock Canyon is seven minutes away and features 1-3 bedroom units ranging from 629 to 1,485 square feet. Built in 1995, this gated community has a pet park, a swimming pool, lap pool, and volleyball pool, covered parking and garages available, amazing canyon views, and double-wall construction between apartments. Units are built to condo specifications, have vaulted ceilings, crown molding, wood-burning stone fireplaces, walk-in closets, and patios and balconies.
- Villages at the Domain are 7 minutes away in the heart of the Domain and were built in 2009. Apartments range from 507 square feet for a one bedroom to 1,618 square feet for a 3 bedroom and feature plank or hardwood flooring in the kitchen, 10-12 foot ceilings, garden tubs, and brushed nickel hardware. The community has onsite FXfit trainers with CrossFit, Yoga, and FX Classes, private luxurious courtyards and fountains, and covered parking.
- The Arbors at Tallwood are a seven minute drive away and feature 1-3 bedroom apartment homes ranging from 700 to 1,354 square feet. Apartments have pantries, full-size washer and dryer connections, large closets, townhome style units, vaulted ceilings, and brushed nickel fixtures and hardware. Built in 1972, the community features two beautiful pools, allows pets, and is in walking distance of the elementary and high schools.
- Cimarron Crossing Apartments, built in 1982, are 4 minutes away and feature 1-2 bedroom apartments ranging from 400 to 1,025 square feet. Apartments feature open floorplans, an oversized kitchen with pantry, wood-burning fireplaces, walk-in closets, and washer and dryers included. The community has a 24 hour fitness center, resort-style pool with free wifi, hot tub, and is pet friendly.
- Le Montreaux has 1-4 bedroom apartments which range from 560 to 1,800 square feet. Just six minutes from Google, this gated community built in 1972 features concierge services, free DVD rental, a game room with a pool table and air hockey, herb and vegetable gardens, night patrols, and recycling. Apartments have balconies or patios, crown molding, ceiling fans in the bedroom, and are cable ready.
- Rockwood Apartments were built in 1983 and are 8 minutes from Google. Apartments range from 1-2 bedrooms and 560 to 1,000 square feet. Amenities include solar screens, cathedral ceilings in select units, free basic cable, plantation blinds, and walk-in closets. This gated community has an elevator, on-site storage units, resident activities, and package delivery/receiving.
These communities are just a few of the rental choices available to Google employees. Our database features the most accurate and up-to-date pricing and availability for thousands of apartments across the city. We know that finding an apartment that allows for a short commute to work, has the amenities you want, and fits into your budget can be difficult. Our job as apartment locators is to provide valuable insight into each of your rental options so you can choose the best apartment the first time. Our services are free for our clients and can save you valuable time when you are searching for a rental. Call 512-339-4411 today to schedule your appointment or visit www.apartmentexperts.com to find out more about our apartment locator services.