This is the seventeenth in a series of articles titled ‘Minimum Commute, Maximum Lifestyle’ and will be focused on Flextronics International Ltd.(NASDAQ:FLEX). This series focuses on area employers and rental options located nearby so employees can reduce their commutes to work.
Thousands of people move to Austin or relocate within Austin every year because of job changes. In a city growing by 110 people per day, the complaint we hear most often centers around traffic. The majority of the renters we see are hoping to find an apartment that fits their lifestyle and allows for a reasonable commute to their place of work. With that in mind, we wanted to give some insight into Austin’s largest employers and the rental options that surround them.
Flextronics was founded in 1969 in Silicon Valley and offers supply chain solutions for original equipment manufacturers. Industry sources recently said that Flextronics is expanding their injection tooling operations.
Flextronics employs people in a variety of positions at their Austin location, including Supply Chain Directors (Median Annual Salary $124,758), Corporate Counsel (Median Salary $176,449 for an Associate General Counsel), Global Commodity Managers (Median Salary $86,772 for a Commodity Manager), Field Service Technicians (Median Salary $50,193 for a Field Service Engineer I), and more. All salary information from Salary.com for 78759, Flextronics' zip code.
For lunch, there are many restaurants nearby including Fireoak Grill which offers grilled fare from burgers to chicken salads and Dimassi's Mediterranean Buffet, which offers authentic, delicious, healthy Mediterranean food.
There are also many options close to Flextronics for after work drinks with coworkers, including McCormick & Schmick's, which has an incredible happy hour menu, including $6 cocktails and a cheeseburger and fries for just $3.99. Jasper's has a great happy hour menu Monday through Saturday from 4pm to 7pm featuring $6 pizzas, brisket tacos, sliders and more, and $6 specialty cocktails, plus wine and beer specials.
Choose to live in one of the gorgeous apartment communities near Flextronics and avoid traffic.
- Villages at Turtle Rock are just 8 minutes from Flextronics and were built in 2009. 1-3 bedroom apartments are available and range from 630 to 1,381 square feet. Apartments feature open floor plans, large kitchen pantries, 9 foot ceilings, lots of natural light, and extra-large closets. This gated community has detached garages available, a resort-style pool, a sports lounge with shuffleboard and billiards, complimentary on-site tanning, and a large pet park.
- Elan Apartments are 7 minutes from Flextronics and have 1 and 2 bedroom apartments ranging from 630 to 1,141 square feet. Apartments feature tiled entry ways, washer/dryer connections, 9 foot ceilings, crown molding, ceiling fans, and garden tubs. This gated community was built in 2006 and has covered parking, recycling, pet comfort stations, a 24-hour fitness center, an E-lounge, and a pool.
- Dakota Springs Apartments were built in 2005 and are 6 minutes from Flextronics. 1-3 bedroom units ranging from 717 to 1,481 square feet feature full-size washer and dryers, crown molding, tile and plush carpeting, ceiling fans and more. The community has an indoor half basketball and sports court, a conference center, an onsite recycling program, controlled access gates, and is a smoke-free community.
- Toscana Apartments are 7 minutes from Flextronics and were built in 2000. The community has covered parking, garages, a gated entrance, a playground, sand volleyball, and a business center. Floorplans range from 1-3 bedrooms and 697 to 1,360 square feet and have built-in entertainment centers, oval garden tubs, nine-foot ceilings, large closets, and full size washer and dryer connections.
- The Riata Apartment Community is three minutes from Flextronics and has a variety of apartments to choose from, most built in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. 1 bedroom to 3 bedroom apartments, ranging in size from 656 square feet to 1,554 square feet are available. Apartment amenities include stone or hardwood flooring, granite counters, ceiling fans, and fireplaces available in some units. Community amenities include a staffed athletic club with fitness classes, nine sparkling pools with fire pits, 3 jacuzzis, 3 miles of jogging trails, 2 dog parks, and a pet grooming center.
- Madison at Stone Creek Apartments, completed in 1995, are a 2 minute drive or 15 minute walk from Flextronics and feature 1-3 bedroom apartments that are from 602 to 1,352 square feet. This gated community has a state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor sauna, pet park, hot tub, and shimmering swimming pools. Apartments have large walk-in closets, 9 foot or vaulted ceilings, oversized garden tubs, crown molding, ceiling fans and washer and dryers.
- Shadow Oaks Apartments are a 17 minute walk or 3 minute drive away and have 1-2 bedroom apartments that are 562 to 1,024 square feet. Built in 1985, the community has mature shade trees, a green belt and dog park, unique tanning deck, fountain-fed pools, valet trash service, and a clubhouse with a full kitchen, pool access, and a wood-burning brick fireplace. Apartments have designer faux wood floors, mirrored dry bars, choice of accent wall color, ceiling fans, bay windows, built-in bookcases, and washer and dryer connections.
These are just a few of the rental options for Flextronics employees. Our database features the most accurate and up-to-date pricing and availability for thousands of apartments across the city. Finding the perfect balance of minimal commute and maximum lifestyle for your budget can be challenging. As apartment locators, it is our job to provide you valuable insight into each of your rental options so you choose the best apartment the first time. Our service is free to our clients and can save you valuable days looking for a rental. Call 512-339-4411 today to schedule your appointment or visit www.apartmentexperts.com for more information on our apartment locator services.