This is the second in a series of articles titled ‘Minimum Commute, Maximum Lifestyle’ and will be focused on Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NYSE:AMD). This series focuses on area employers and rental options located nearby so employees can reduce their commutes to work.
Thousands of people move to Austin or relocate within Austin every year because of job changes. In a city growing by 110 people per day, the complaint we hear most often centers around traffic. The majority of the renters we see are hoping to find an apartment that fits their lifestyle and allows for a reasonable commute to their place of work. With that in mind, we wanted to give some insight into Austin’s largest employers and the rental options that surround them.
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) is a semiconductor company that was founded in 1969 and is based in Sunnyvale, California. The company develops computer processors and related technologies for businesses and consumers and employs over 2,000 people in Austin. The company recently announced that they will release a new AMD Fx Microprocessor with liquid cooling aimed at high-end desktops. AMD is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol AMD.
AMD employs Paralegals (median salary $46,828 for a Paralegal I), Engineers (median salary $71,475 for an Engineer II), Business Analysts (median salary $52,579 for a Business Systems Analyst I), Software Engineers (median salary $58,658 for a Software Engineer I), Marketing Managers (median salary $82,581), Product Managers (median salary $88,730 for a Product Manager) and more at their Austin offices. All salary figures are from Salary.com and are for 78735, AMD’s zip code.
If you work at AMD and are looking to have lunch nearby, Jack Allen’s Kitchen is just five minutes away and is a locally owned restaurant serving creative twists on American fare using all fresh, locally sourced and in-season ingredients. Just seven minutes away is Thai Taste, which cooks flavorful Thai food like curries and Pad Thai in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
For getting together for drinks after work with coworkers, Red’s Porch is just five miles away on South Lamar and has delicious pub food, a large beer selection, and spectacular sunset views from the second story bar. Hecho in Mexico features Mexican food and a full bar.
Save time on your commute to work by living at one of the gorgeous apartment communities close to AMD.
- Hudson Miramont Apartments were built in 2004 and are just four minutes away from AMD off Southwest Parkway. Units range from 1-3 bedrooms and 704 to 1,327 square feet and feature full-sized washer dryer connections, ceiling fans, and vaulted ceilings. This gated community has covered parking, a pet park, scenic views, and a fitness center.
- IMT Monterey Ranch Apartments are just 4 miles away via Southwest Parkway and Highway 290. Built in 2001, this beautiful community features studio to 3 bedroom apartments ranging in size from 498 square feet to 1,160 square feet. IMT has hiking trails, five sparkling pools, 2 playgrounds, complimentary tennis lessons, an indoor basketball court, and a kids' club activity room and learning lab. Units feature large walk-in closets, private balconies or patios, and short-term leases are available.
- Estancia Apartments are 6 minutes from AMD via Southwest Parkway and 71 and were built in 2009. Featuring 1-3 bedroom apartments sized from 686 to 1,310 square feet, amenities include open floor plans, garden tubs, washer/dryer connections, and faux wood floors. Estancia is a gated community that welcomes pets, has stunning hill country views, door to door trash removal, carports and garages.
- Vineyard Hills Apartments are a quick 7 minute drive away on Highway 71 and have 1-3 bedroom apartments ranging from 640 to 1,315 square feet. Built in 2000, this gated community has a clubroom, heated spa, wireless internet by the pool, movie rental service, and garages.
- The Park at Monterey Oaks were built in 2000 and are 5 miles from AMD off Loop One. Apartments range from 1-2 bedrooms and 696 to 1,267 square feet and feature washer-dryer connections, available attached garages, granite countertops, available fenced backyards, and ceiling fans in the living and bedrooms. This gated community has a large nature park and walking trail that is also a dog park, resident lounge with complimentary coffee, tea, and breakfast bar, two playscapes, and available boat parking.
- Sedona Springs Apartments, built in 1996, are ten minutes from AMD via William Cannon and Mopac. 1-3 bedroom apartments are available from 647 square feet to 1,248 square feet. Units have large walk-in closets, all electric kitchens, 9 foot ceilings, private balconies and patios, and wood burning fireplaces are available.
These communities are just a few of the rental choices available to AMD employees. Our database features the most accurate and up-to-date pricing and availability for thousands of apartments across the city. We know that finding an apartment that allows for a short commute to work, has the amenities you want, and fits into your budget can be difficult. Our job as apartment locators is to provide valuable insight into each of your rental options so you can choose the best apartment the first time. Our services are free for our clients and can save you valuable time when you are searching for a rental. Call 512-416-8100 today to schedule your appointment or visit www.apartmentexperts.com to find out more about our apartment locator services.