San Antonio is number 20 on Forbes' annual top 20 fastest-growing American cities with 1.83 percent population growth for 2013 and that translates into increased traffic, which is the number one complaint we hear. The majority of the renters we see are hoping to find an apartment that fits their lifestyle and allows for a reasonable commute to their place of work. With that in mind, we wanted to give some insight into San Antonio's largest employers and the rental options that surround them. The series is called ‘Minimum Commute, Maximum Lifestyle’ and this week it focuses on USAA.
The United Services Automobile Association (USAA) has its headquarters in San Antonio where it employs 17,000 people. USAA provides banking and insurance services to past and present members of the Armed Forces and their immediate families. USAA awarded their employees an 18.7% bonus in January, according to mysa.com.
Positions available at USAA include: Administrative Support (median annual salary $35,141 for an Administrative Assistant I), Customer Service Representatives (median salary $29,490 for a Customer Service Representative I), Business Analysts (median salary $51,281 for a Business Systems Analyst I), Financial Services (median salary $59,741 for a Financial Analyst II), Human Resources (median salary $47,111 for a Human Resources Generalist I), Information Technology (median salary $80,134 for an IT Project Coordinator), Attorneys (median salary $76,795 for an Attorney I), Marketing (median salary $82,028 for a Public Relations Manager), and more. All salary figures are from www.salary.com and are for 78228, USAA's zip code.
There are many lunch options in the area for USAA employees, including Mama Margie’s, which serves Tex-Mex 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Yellowfish Sushi is a Sushi restaurant that puts a Mexican spin on traditional sushi.
For a happy hour with coworkers, Wurzbach Ice House has daily happy hour specials until 8pm. Pericos Mexican Grill has televisions so you can catch the game and a generous happy hour with reduced price drinks and appetizers.
You won't have to commute far to your new job at USAA if you choose one of the numerous amenity-filled apartments in the area.
- Bent Tree Apartments, built in 1984, are just 3 minutes from USAA via surface streets, and have 1-3 bedroom apartments ranging from 680 to 1,073 square feet and featuring private balconies and patios, wood burning fireplaces, detached garages, large walk-in closets, and cathedral ceilings. The community has racquetball, sand volleyball, lighted tennis courts, a wading pool, and an enclosed dog park.
- Broadstone Colonnade Apartments are just 4 minutes away by car and were built in 2005. Featuring 1-3 bedroom apartments from 568 to 1,311 square feet, units have spacious living areas, designer track lighting in kitchen and dining rooms, two-tone paint with accent walls, and nine and ten foot ceilings. The community has a sparkling swimming pool with fountains and wi-fi, a cyber lounge, an outdoor logia with televisions by the pool, and a basketball court.
- Signature Ridge Apartments are just seven minutes from USAA, were built in 2000, and feature 1 to 3 bedroom apartments ranging from 635 to 1,342 square feet. Apartments have individual alarm systems, crown molding, ceramic tile entries, full-size washer and dryers, large walk-in closets, separate pantries, and nine foot ceilings. This gated community features a playground and sports court, planned resident functions, valet trash service, detached garages and was the 2013 Apartment Ratings Top Rated Award Recipient.
- Abbey at Grande Oaks was built in 2008 and is 8 minutes from USAA by car via surface streets. Abbey at Grande Oaks has 1-2 bedroom apartment homes from 872 to 1,384 square feet with granite counters, custom designed cabinets, private patios and balconies, garden tubs, and oversized closets. The community features an elevator, parking garage, access gates, fitness center with towel service, and pet stations throughout the community.
- Arden Park was constructed in 2013 and is six minutes from USAA without ever getting on the freeway. Their 1-3 bedroom apartments range from 503 to 1,350 square feet and feature jetted garden tubs, hardwood style flooring, and granite countertops. The community has fitness classes, a wi-fi cafe, a resort-style pool, a private tanning suite and easy access to the medical center and all major highways.
- Boardwalk Med Center, built in 2011, is 8 minutes away and has 1-2 bedroom apartments ranging from 655 to 1,235 square feet. Apartments feature faux wood flooring, washers and dryers, custom kitchens with granite countertops, and built-in computer desks. The community has covered parking, a car care center, garages, a fitness studio, a dog park, and a resort-style pool with wi-fi.
- Boulder Creek Apartments are just a quick 6 minute drive from USAA and were built in 2010. Apartments range from 1-3 bedrooms and feature balconies and patios, faux wood flooring, washer and dryers, crown molding, and garden tubs. Community amenities include a swimming pool with in-pool seating, a scenic walking trail, additional storage, and a dog park.
These are just a few of the rental options for USAA employees. Our database features the most accurate and up-to-date pricing and availability for thousands of apartments across the city. Finding the perfect balance of minimal commute and maximum lifestyle for your budget can be challenging. As apartment locators, it is our job to provide you valuable insight into each of your rental options so you choose the best apartment the first time. Our service is free to our clients and can save you valuable days looking for a rental. Call 210-558-7377 today to schedule your appointment or visit www.sanantonioapartmentsnow.com for more information on our apartment locator services.