Follow Home Decor Trends Without Losing Your Style

A Plus Apartments Card

It can be easy to get caught up in home decor trends that you see online or in home magazines and lose your own sense of style.  Realty Times has tips on how to avoid making your home look like a model home full of style, but devoid of personality.

Just because the latest and greatest in personal decor is mid-century, doesn't mean you have to throw all your stuff out and start over if you prefer an eclectic, cluttered look.  Focus on color, scale, texture, contrast, and function, but don't worry about adopting the latest fads in home decorating if it doesn't appeal to you.

Defining your home decor style is a great start to decorating your apartment.  Not sure what your style is?  Look to your wardrobe and style of dressing for inspiration, especially when it comes to color and pattern.  Feel free to mix up styles as well.

The "80/20 rule" is a great way to approach decorating.  Choose foundation pieces and on-trend items to decorate 80 percent of every room in your home and keep the other 20 percent for pieces that have meaning for you, whether they are heirlooms, remind you of a happy time or place, or because you just like the way they look.

Above all, go for fun!  When you come home after the end of a long day, you want to live in a space that makes you smile, so don't be afraid to go for filling your home with spaces that you love, even if they don't follow design trends.

Looking for an #apartment you can really make your own?  Give A Plus Apartments a call today at 512-231-1400.

Posted in Austin, Rent Smart

Comments are closed.